Thursday 1 October 2009

Wii Fit exercise regime


Can man lose weight on the Wii Fit? This month I intend to prove this is the case. I've decided, in the run up to Christmas that I need to get fit and that I can use video games to do it.

Self-discipline is they key. When I wasn't such a fat bastard and I was going to the gym regularly it was nice, clean and a refreshing place to go. One's front room should ideally be a shrine to slobbery, my sofa is parked right in front of the telly. Looking on it as an exercise space will be the first challenge.

I've also quit drinking for the month, for the first time in a LONG time. It's going to be the thing that will spearhead the attack on my gut. It should ease the pain when it comes to regular exercising.

Interactivity while exercising is an odd thing. It was easy for me to get into the habit of staring into space and listening to music or the radio while pounding the crosstrainer or running machine, but the Wii requires you to engage with what's happening on screen, apart from the free running mode which I can foresee myself using more of for my main athletic work-out.

Also - Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort can they be used in your exercise regime. I expect so. And what will Project Natal hold for the interactivity and virtual worlds of exercise. Over the next month, I intend to find out.

Wii Fit activity Weds Sep 30th
19 mins
Super Step, Jogging (island circuit), Super Hula Hoop

No comments:

Post a Comment