Wednesday 4 February 2009

Digitiser

I HATE YOU LEWIS!



As many of you will realise i have been out of the gaming, err, game for quite some time, however one of my favourite reads, back int he day, outside of Amiga Format or Zero was Teletext's completely surreal but nonetheless brilliant Digitiser.

Rude, controversial and very funny Digitiser poked fun at the games industry, fanboys and, as they said, "hated everyone equally".

Characters such as Mr T, Morse and Lewis, The Man, Socky the Sock, Zombie Dave and Fat Sow were but few of the multitude of figures gracing a seemingly innocent computer games section.

You can read all about Digitiser (complete with the run-ins the team had with Channel 4's Teletext producers) here or jump on the Fan Archive here and read the Man's brilliantly surreal diary.

And of course, Mr T's problem page:

"Dear Mr T, I'm a submarine commander, and sometimes when I dive my ears pop. Can you help?" Commander Collis

    MR T SAYS: "I don't know much about submarines, Commander, but if Mr T ever finds you GOING through his bins AT ANY TIME, Mr T will be out HIS backdoor and ON you in a SECOND with a WRENCH."

No comments:

Post a Comment